We encourage you to write your own letter to the President with the main points:
1. Free remaining orcas and belugas from "Whale Prison"
2. Ban the capture of marine mammals for educational and cultural purposes
Please be very polite and express your gratitude to Russian government for recognizing the issue, preventing the export of belugas and orcas
to China in 2018 and starting a criminal case against the capture companies.
Over 550 000 people already signed the petition! Help us get to 1 000 000
The petition is available in three languages: Russian, English, Italian
We are also asking you to send polite letters to:
1. The Investigation Committee of the Khabarovsk Territory that is responsible for the “Whale Jail” case at the moment
2. The Federal Service for Supervision of Use of Natural Resources (Rosprirodnadzor)
3. General Prosecutor’s Office Of Far East Region
4. General Prosecutor’s Office Of Russian Federation
Please bring to their attention that you are aware of the horrible situation and the fact that the whales are kept in harsh winter conditions.
Please ask them to take action as soon as possible – confiscate the whales, take away the custody from hunters and make an order for the release of orcas and belugas.
Point out that this situation is totally unacceptable and cruel to the animals that are forced to spend months in the freezing winter waters, which puts them into great danger and threatens their lives.
Please be polite in you letter.